Search This Blog

Saturday, January 18, 2014

2014 Initiatives: LIGAYANG MABUHAY and THINK GREEN and BEAUTIFUL

Am excited for 2014, it feels like it would really be special. And as I chose to think and act, much of the work in line supports the over-all picture I want to see, in my life, my family, my community, country and the world.

When I conducted the 2013 International Horticulture Training: Gardens of the World and Floral Design, I already stated in my formal letter that it will be the prelude to a new campaign:
THINK GREEN AND BEAUTIFUL.
















I am glad our MASAYANG KAINAN PARA SA KALUSUGAN turned out very well and has encouraged many of those who joined us to set up the HEALTH WALK.













My wish list is long and big and I hope to be able to do what I can with the people around me who supports the cause and goals I have in our unit, the university,  our social groups and the world.

For the first quarter of 2014:

1) A special seminar to launch in public the THINK GREEN AND BEAUTIFUL CAMPAIGN with VIEWS FROM 1)Aurora 2) Bohol 3) Camiguin 4) Davao and 5) Leyte, Philippines in January 30 at UPLB CSC.
2) Launch of the GREENMART at UPLB  CSC  in January  and possibly another version in Leyte in March
3) A talk to farmers of Laguna on Increasing Productivity, Profitability and Sustainability in Farms and Farm Communities in cooperation with NIA and the organization of UPLB Agriciultural Chemistry Students
4) Organization of a special symposium on Frontline Challenges in Agriculture and Nutrition in Leyte as part of the LUBAG-MERCADO Mission and my network
5) Packaging of livelihood trainings and development  program proposals in line with our YOLANDA Outreach and evaluation of our on going feeding, expansion of our community kitchens and assessment of the recipient of our foundation seeds.
6) Conduct of  special training and tour to my landscape horticulture students and industry contacts related to Sustainable Practices in Agriculture and Horticulture with a special project in cooperation with Green Earth Heritage Foundation
7) My students come up with good entrepreneurship projects and innovative products and time appropriate garden and farm designs
7)  Formalization of our LIGAYANG MABUHAY group, activation of our website and conduct of fundraising and linkage activities.

On a personal note, I am so excited to meet Apollo again in Houston for his NASA low gravity space flight to test the cookware he designed, constructed and modelled at Cornell esp. Jean Hunter in cooperation with industry and NASA. A quick stop in California will allow me to renew ties with family and friends and I hope to meet more in Texas, Arizona and New York.


This is my Apollo, my loving space guy during our last visit at the Mauna Kea, Big Island Hawaii. Safety and more power to you as you prepare for your big, big science and engineering work. See you at the JOHNSON SPACE in HOUSTON soon.
 

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!'
LIGAYANG MABUHAY

Always,
Amihan

No comments:

Post a Comment